Explore the rivers Volkerak, Hollands Diep, and Mark
If you are fond of water sports and nature, the community of Moerdijk is the place to be. Discover Moerdijk from the water. Take a boat trip over the river Mark to Breda, board the Expedition Haringvliet towards Tiengemeten, Hellevoetsluis, Middelharnis and Stellendam, or moor your (rental) boat in one of the many marinas.
Within the boundaries of Moerdijk, visitors are welcome to stay at the following full-service marinas:
- Marina de Batterij in Willemstad
- Historical marina in Willemstad
- Marina Noordschans in Klundert
- Marina and yachting center Dintelmond in Heijningen
All of these marinas are excellent bases for day trips to the fortress of Willemstad and surrounding areas.
Would you like to combine a hike or bicycle tour with a boat trip? The Delta ferries offer you three options to cross the water.
- Ferry ‘Waterpoort’ brings you from marina and yachting center Dintelmond or Fort Sabina to Ooltgensplaat, Sluishaven, and Benedensas.
- Ferry ‘Anna’ takes you from Willemstad to Numansdorp.
- Ferry ‘de Lucretia’ starts in the village of Moerdijk and sails to the picturesque town Strijensas. This trip takes you about 20 minutes, and you can bring your bicycle for free.
The combination of ferries and bicycle tours is an ideal way to discover both the towns and nature of Numansdorp, Willemstad, Moerdijk, and Strijensas. For more information check out the websites of the individual ferries or get the Delta ferries brochure on paper at the tourist information points in Willemstad, Klundert and Zevenbergen, as well as various tourist attractions.